The Maya Conservancy’s purpose is to aid:
- In the preservation and protection of Maya and Pre-Maya archaeological sites throughout Central America and Mexico.
- In the preservation and conservation of Maya Cultural Heritage.
- In educational guidance and financial assistance to private and governmental bodies in these countries.
- The Maya Conservancy hopes to work in collaboration with other non-profit, governmental, and educational agencies, who are also working to preserve endangered archaeological sites; or endangered Maya cultural traditions. These collaborative efforts will enhance efforts to preserve national patrimony.
- The Maya Conservancy will be a source of funding for the purchase of real property to preserve Maya Cultural Heritage sites.
- The Maya Conservancy will help promote education that helps integrate Maya Culture Heritage and archaeological heritage.
- The Maya Conservancy will help plan seminars and conferences.
- The Maya Conservancy will consult on relevant curriculum in local schools and universities.